We look forward to honoring the best films, actors, and filmmakers of the year. For reference, the timeline for our 2022 awards was as follows. A full timeline for the 2023 awards will be published in spring 2023.
- December 31, 2022 – Eligibility deadline.
- January 5, 2023 – Nomination voting deadline.
- January 9, 2023 – Nominations will be announced.
- January 12, 2023 – Award voting deadline.
- January 17, 2023 – Winners will be announced.
Movies made available to Seattle-area film critics or released locally or nationally during the calendar year are eligible.
Eligible films are defined as:
- Theatrical releases, which were exhibited in a Seattle area theater, or made available in the Seattle market;
- new films receiving concurrent theatrical, digital, and/or VOD platform releasing nationally; and/or
- films screened for Members either in a theater or via digital streaming link or DVD/Blu-Ray screener discs, between January 1 and the final day of the nomination period.
Please refer to Section C of our Membership By-Laws for full eligibility details.
- Best Picture
- Best Director
- Best Actor in a Leading Role
- Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- Best Actress in a Supporting Role
- Best Ensemble Cast
- Best Action Choreography
- Best Screenplay
- Best Animated Feature
- Best Documentary Feature
- Best International Film (Not in the English Language)
- Best Cinematography
- Best Costume Design
- Best Film Editing
- Best Original Score
- Best Production Design
- Best Visual Effects
- Best Youth Performance (18 years or younger upon start of filming)
- Villain of the Year
- Pacific Northwest Filmmaking Award