Applications for membership are now open
The Seattle Film Critics Society (SFCS) continues to seek to expand and diversify our membership and we are always excited to have new Seattle-area critics join our ranks.
To be considered for membership in the SFCS, you should be a working film critic who:
- Resides in or screens movies in the greater Seattle area
- Writes, broadcasts, podcasts, or streams reviews that express an opinion regarding a film’s quality on artistic and technical merits, while adhering to professional editing and grammatical standards
- Publishes reviews within a timely manner of a film’s release
- Reviews at least 25 current feature-length motion pictures per year (January 1 – December 31)
These are some, but not all, considerations for prospective new members.
- Participate in a community of area critics in supporting local awareness and appreciation of cinema
- Vote for SFCS annual awards to highlight the best films of the year, including the Pacific Northwest Filmmaking Award
- Access to end-of-the-year For Your Consideration (FYC) screeners and screenings
- Invitation to Awards party held prior to public announcement of winners
- Opportunities to introduce public screenings or represent SFCS at film-related events
- Participate in various SFCS committees
Applicants are encouraged to read and be familiar with the By-Laws and all requirements for membership prior to applying.
How do I apply?
The annual application window runs from April 1 – June 30th.
Questions not addressed above or on the application form can be directed to press @ seattlefilmcritics.com.